Attached is an opportunity to stay on the CMU campus for the GJ Invite and WSL meet.
This is a save the date. More information will be coming soon…
Our annual Western Slope Swim League Peak Week Training Camp will be held from Sunday, June 23rd through Friday June 28th, 2013 at Colorado Mesa University. Swimmers will be training twice a day at the CMU pool and staying in the dorms at CMU. We do highly encourage all swimmers to stay in the dorms to enhance the true camp experience. We are working hard to keep costs low.
The camp is open to Western Slope Swimmers. You must be at least 13 years old and be able to swim all four competitive strokes. Your endurance should enable you to train 2X daily, 3000 yds/hr (100's of freestyle @2:00 minutes interval). We do not want injury so you must be in good shape. Applicants should be chosen for their work ethic rather than their speed in a meet. Camp will be capped at 35 campers. Each of you must demonstrate a positive team attitude that exhibits a level of wholesome acceptance for each individual and yourself in a close group environment: you are expected to treat all with due respect and consideration.
From Silas Almgren- Montrose Marlins
Plans are for a New Officials Clinic to be held at Montrose High School on Saturday, June 1st. The specific location and times will be sent out once these have been established. However, it would be great to have several trainees at this clinic from each WSL club. Training opportunities will abound with the number of summer league meets held on the Western Slope beginning June 7th through July 14th.
It is highly desirable for each club, whether the club is year-round or seasonal, to have at least two certified officials to assist in the various meets that are scheduled throughout the year. This makes it so much easier to host a meet locally as you don’t have to rely on guest officials traveling with their respective team to conduct a meet.
The attached flyer outlines How to Become a USA Swimming Official.
Date: May 4th, 2013 (Saturday)
New Officials: 9 am – Noon
Recertification: 10:15am - Noon
Salida Hot Springs Pool
410 W Rainbow Blvd (Hwy 50)
Salida, CO 81201
Instructor: Mark Maloney
There is the possibility that the location may change due to our pool being closed that day for a week.
For more information, contact Suzi Mishmash - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, see attached flyer.
There will be a WS Officials Clinic in Montrose on Saturday, June 1st, for new officials (Stroke and Turn) and possibly offering a Starter Clinic (for re-certification). Tentative plans are to have it at Montrose High School at a time to be determined. The idea was to get a jump start on the WSL Summer Swim Schedule to afford these folks the entire summer to get as many deck sessions in as possible.
We realize that this is an extra trip for most, but the availability of having a CSI Officials’ Trainer host a clinic in conjunction with a swim meet is not realistic at this time, hence the selection of this date.
Meet Results Posted!
Notes from the Admin Team:
1. The meet is held on SATURDAY (19TH), SUNDAY (20TH) AND MONDAY (21ST)... I made the mistake of calendaring the meet as a Fri-Sun meet.... Hopefully you haven't made the same error. Please make sure your families are aware as well.
2. Due to the # of swimmers entered, we will swim 8 lanes (lanes 2-9) instead of 10.
3. Eligibility - Age as of SATURDAY, January 19th is the eligibility rule.
4. The 400 Free is really the 500 Free
5. Distance events rules on Page 3. The days/dates are incorrect:
a. 1650 - should be Saturday, Jan 19th
b. Check in for the 500 Free - should read "Check in for the 500 Free will close one half (1/2) hour after the POSTED start of finals on SATURDAY, January 19th, 2013.
c. Check in for the 400IM - should read, "Check in for the 400 IM will close one half (1/2) hour after the POSTED start of finals on SUNDAY, January 20th, 2013.
6. There will be a 15 minute break after the conclusion of prelims before the beginning of the 1650s on Saturday - it appears that we will only have 1 heat combined (5 swimmers total).
7. Scratch Procedures:
a. Scratch rules are located at 207.11.6 in the 2013 USA Swimming Rulebook.
b. The Scratch box will close one half (1/2) hour after the POSTED start of finals on Saturday and Sunday for the next day's preliminary events.
c. Swimmers are responsible for scratching in accordance with the national scratch rules.
d. A swimmer that fails to report for a finals event in which results are posted will be barred from the remainder of the meet.
e. Failure to report for a preliminary swim eliminates the swimmer from further preliminary competition that day. If the swimmer qualified for finals in an event prior to their "no show" during preliminary competition, that swimmer will still be eligible to swim in finals (if qualified) for that event.
d. The 3rd paragraph of the scratch procedure is being eliminated.
e. A $20.00 monetary fine will be assessed for failure to report for finals on Monday night.
8. Combining events: Because there were less swimmers than predicted and the timeline is already relatively short - I am not combining events in order to allow for adequate rest periods for swimmers. The exception to this is events 1 & 2 (the 1650 - as there are only 5 swimmers enrolled and it takes place in its own session) and events 69 & 70 (as there are only 3 swimmers total swimming in that event - 1 male swimming alone). I reserve the right to alter this decision if we are somehow impacted by a longer than anticipated timeline.
I hope these clarifications make sense. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions! We look forward to seeing you in Grand Junction this weekend!
The Psych Sheet has been posted.
Steamboat is having a open water swim series in July, every Monday night. See the attached flyer for more information.