For more information, see attached flyer.
There will be a WS Officials Clinic in Montrose on Saturday, June 1st, for new officials (Stroke and Turn) and possibly offering a Starter Clinic (for re-certification). Tentative plans are to have it at Montrose High School at a time to be determined. The idea was to get a jump start on the WSL Summer Swim Schedule to afford these folks the entire summer to get as many deck sessions in as possible.
We realize that this is an extra trip for most, but the availability of having a CSI Officials’ Trainer host a clinic in conjunction with a swim meet is not realistic at this time, hence the selection of this date.
Meet Results Posted!
Notes from the Admin Team:
1. The meet is held on SATURDAY (19TH), SUNDAY (20TH) AND MONDAY (21ST)... I made the mistake of calendaring the meet as a Fri-Sun meet.... Hopefully you haven't made the same error. Please make sure your families are aware as well.
2. Due to the # of swimmers entered, we will swim 8 lanes (lanes 2-9) instead of 10.
3. Eligibility - Age as of SATURDAY, January 19th is the eligibility rule.
4. The 400 Free is really the 500 Free
5. Distance events rules on Page 3. The days/dates are incorrect:
a. 1650 - should be Saturday, Jan 19th
b. Check in for the 500 Free - should read "Check in for the 500 Free will close one half (1/2) hour after the POSTED start of finals on SATURDAY, January 19th, 2013.
c. Check in for the 400IM - should read, "Check in for the 400 IM will close one half (1/2) hour after the POSTED start of finals on SUNDAY, January 20th, 2013.
6. There will be a 15 minute break after the conclusion of prelims before the beginning of the 1650s on Saturday - it appears that we will only have 1 heat combined (5 swimmers total).
7. Scratch Procedures:
a. Scratch rules are located at 207.11.6 in the 2013 USA Swimming Rulebook.
b. The Scratch box will close one half (1/2) hour after the POSTED start of finals on Saturday and Sunday for the next day's preliminary events.
c. Swimmers are responsible for scratching in accordance with the national scratch rules.
d. A swimmer that fails to report for a finals event in which results are posted will be barred from the remainder of the meet.
e. Failure to report for a preliminary swim eliminates the swimmer from further preliminary competition that day. If the swimmer qualified for finals in an event prior to their "no show" during preliminary competition, that swimmer will still be eligible to swim in finals (if qualified) for that event.
d. The 3rd paragraph of the scratch procedure is being eliminated.
e. A $20.00 monetary fine will be assessed for failure to report for finals on Monday night.
8. Combining events: Because there were less swimmers than predicted and the timeline is already relatively short - I am not combining events in order to allow for adequate rest periods for swimmers. The exception to this is events 1 & 2 (the 1650 - as there are only 5 swimmers enrolled and it takes place in its own session) and events 69 & 70 (as there are only 3 swimmers total swimming in that event - 1 male swimming alone). I reserve the right to alter this decision if we are somehow impacted by a longer than anticipated timeline.
I hope these clarifications make sense. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions! We look forward to seeing you in Grand Junction this weekend!
The Psych Sheet has been posted.
Steamboat is having a open water swim series in July, every Monday night. See the attached flyer for more information.
Meet Results Posted! Thank you Team Sopris!
The Meet Program and WarmUp Information has been posted.
Note from Meet Hosts:
Thank you for entering the 2012 Deep Freeze Invitational. As some of might have heard already the interest in this year's meet has been extremely good. This year we will have over 250 swimmers competing.
That interest has led to some tight timelines. In order to get the swimmers out as soon as possible our meet staff has made a couple of considerations. The first is Dive Overs. Please inform your coaches and swimmers that we will be doing Dive Overs. Secondly we will be doing Coach's check in for all 200 events. The Check In Sheets will be due 10 minutes prior to the end of the end of warm-ups.
Final Meet Results are posted. Thank you for coming to our meet!
All information for this meet has been posted! Please note the change to the morning session warmup times.
This meet will be held in Short Course Meters this year.